Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Pop of Color

Greetings, fall and winter brides! I don't know about you, but when it was the season of my wedding, I postponed choosing my accessories until the very last minute. Choosing your veil or hair accessory can be pretty stressful because whatever you choose ends up being the hair accessory of your whole life. However, I also discovered from being a bride that having a statement piece is the key to being a memorable bride!

As a designer, I love creating custom bridal hair pieces for brides who want to do a little something different from the traditional white. Some brides choose to build from something they see in my shop, while others bring me inspiration pieces that they want me to recreate--always with a little personal spin! And still other brides bring just a little inspiration and a lot of trust, letting me run wild (within the reins of what each bride is comfortable with, of course!) with their dream. Contact me for a consultation about your dream wedding piece, and I'll be more than happy to give you some inspirational sketches. Together, we can make your dream wedding come true!


Tips for Choosing Your Bridal Piece

Seasonal: What month is your wedding? Have you already chosen your bridal colors? Unlike past generations, color choices are not completely locked in by seasons. You don't have to use dark colors in the winter or pastel colors in the spring and summer. Brides should choose the colors that they like the most and use the details (the specialty of TreasuredDetails!) to correlate the wedding to the seasons. For example, I saw a beautiful pale blue wedding once in the dead of winter, and the details were white branches, and snowy white glitter. How lovely! 


Bridesmaids' Dresses: Are your bridesmaids all wearing the same color? Sometimes it can be a bold idea to add an accent color to your bridal fashion, and use that brilliant accent color to your accessories. At my wedding, my bridesmaids wore spa blue dresses and my maid of honor wore a sunny yellow sash. The sunny yellow accent color became one of those special pops of color throughout my day. 

Floral Colors: Talk with your florist when you're trying to decide on an appropriate hair accessory for yourself. What colors are being added to your bouquets? For example, are your bridesmaids in black and you in white, but your bouquets are combinations of brilliant colors like purple and pink? These little accent colors could be the ones that make you stand out as the queen of the day! 

Need an Expert Opinion?

If you have questions, or just want to run an opinion by me, I'd be glad to consult with you! Shoot me an email, and I'll be glad to schedule a conference with you right away! 







No comments:

Post a Comment