Thursday, December 2, 2010

WithAFlourish


My second feature is for April of WithAFlourish because she was the first person to ever feature me in a Team Discovery treasury, and it's been a crazy TD relationship ever since. The day she first put me in a treasury was the same day I made my very first sale, and a couple of days later, I made my second! I am so thankful to April for introducing me to the team and helping me to enjoy this great opportunity to get involved in the Etsy community.

I love April's bio where she describes her inspiration and thoughts about life and creativity. Her work is creative and unique--I truly think that some of her pieces are the most unique I've seen on Etsy! I am impressed with the (dare I say?) nerdy style and it appeals to my English major/English teacher sensitivities. She makes paper-inspired products such as earrings, necklaces, and bracelets, and even creates some lovely fascinators and pins. I am ashamed to say I have not yet purchased anything from her shop when almost everything she sells is in my "favorite" lis
t! Her gorgeous accessories are the perfect gift for a scholarly friend or a favorite teacher. (I should just go ahead and send this post along to my students, since Christmas is coming up...)

If you have a chance, drop by April's shop, WithAFlourish and her other vintage shop FlourishAndDebonair (which I will feature sometime in the future) and show her a little Christmas spirit love! Click around on her lovely items and do a little Christmastime browsing.

I think we all spend a lot of time looking at each others' items with treasuries in mind, but don't always give our serious shopping eyes to each others' great designs.

Thanks, April, for all you've done for me and my little shop! I really appreciate you!

Lots of Etsy Love,
Crystal

5 comments:

  1. Aww, this made my day! Thanks so much for the feature, Crystal! I'm so glad you're on the team!! :D
    -April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, no problem! And I can't believe I never told you that you were the first person to put me in a treasury and that was the day of my first sale :) It was pretty cool, I must say. I probably never told you because at the time I had no idea what a treasury even was! A lot has changed in just a mere 3 months....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool to hear how everyone became a member of TD - great feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me know you are doing these, I love learning a little more about teammies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! I'm going to have to start asking these shop owners some questions when I get to people I haven't interacted with a lot. I want to portray people accurately, though just now I am mostly showcasing those who have affected me...those will take me a few weeks to get through then I can focus on other people whose shops I haven't become too familiar with. Hope you enjoy following and seeing what I have to share about these teamies :)

    ReplyDelete